Sandwich boards are a simple and very effective marketing tool. If you’re new to local marketing techniques, you may be asking, “What is a sandwich board?”
Not quite! They actually look like this:
Sandwich boards are a simple freestanding A-Frame designed sign. You can display a message or image on both sides of the board to get your business noticed. Here are 4 great reasons to incorporate sandwich boards into your local marketing strategy:
1. Cost Efficiency
Sandwich boards may have a higher initial cost than printing a run of posters but they will last for years and can be reused many times over. You can increase the usefulness by adding a chalkboard or dry-erase section to the sign which allows for customized daily messages.
All of the sandwich boards that we offer are made from high-grade materials that can hold up in all weather conditions. We offer options for wood or plastic boards. Our double-sided MDO sandwich board is the most popular item. It is made from Douglas Fir glued together with waterproof glue and primed twice to increase water-resistance and prevent warping. The edges are covered with a UV-stabilized T-molding which has a 5 year life expectancy. Even the ink we use is designed for durability and longevity.
Sandwich boards are perfect marketing tools to bring to special events. Set them up as an information panel next to your booth at a convention. Use them to provide directions to your kiosk at a show. Use them to display prices at your sales table. Our sandwich boards also utilize flexible hinges and extruded rubber feet which allow them to remain stable on uneven terrain. Another benefit to having a portable sign is that it can be brought inside after business hours to prevent vandalism or theft.
4. Increased local awareness
Many businesses don’t have the luxury of roadside visibility. If your location is “buried” behind other businesses or hidden by obstacles like trees, sandwich boards can help you achieve that important visibility. Simply placing your sandwich board by the roadside is a great alternative to renting space on a stationary sign (that is most likely being shared by the other businesses in your immediate area).
Call United Reprographics today to get started on designing your own sandwich board!
Adhesive graphics are a fun, versatile way to display your message! Do you need to let people know about your big sale next week? Put a vibrant window cling graphic on your storefront windows! Maybe you need to mark your vehicle as a company car? Invest in a vinyl decal instead of lowering the resale value with aftermarket paint.
Here are 10 great reasons you should take advantage of sticky graphics:
1. Cling graphics do not damage the surfaces they attach to. Removal of the graphics is quick, easy, and clean making them perfect for short-term promotional messages.
2. Adhesive vinyl makes great mess-free stickers to give to customers. They can put these graphics on vehicle bumpers, windows, mirrors, etc. without worrying about the residue normally associated with stickers.
3. Floors are an under-utilized marketing surface in many businesses. Floor graphics can be a fun way to catch attention and lead people to your business. (Try creating an interactive graphic by using arrows to lead people to your location)
4. Another great use for floor graphics is color-coding sections of your store which can help customers find their way around (this is especially useful in large businesses like department stores).
5. Sticky graphics turn windows into advertising space. Perforated vinyl allows you to use your windows to advertise without losing visibility.
6. For businesses with highly visible window space, window clings can even replace expensive external signs.
7. Sticky graphics can add a temporary message to a pre-existing sign. You can add a temporary “sale” decal to your storefront sign which would be a cost-effective alternative
8. Graphics can be added to automobiles for cheap without altering the original paint job. These graphics can attach as window clings, adhesive vinyl, and magnet backed vinyls.
9. You can wrap your whole vehicle with adhesive vinyl instead of dealing with the cost and permanence of a new paint job. The vinyl wrap will protect the original paint from damage and fading too!
10. Custom printed wallpaper has become a popular item for interior design. You can achieve special wall effects and imagery that would normally be unattainable through traditional painting methods creating a unique selling environment. (Plus you can design your perfect wallpaper to match your branding instead of sifting through catalogues to settle on close match)
Get the most from your advertising budget and reach your customers in fun new way with sticky graphics!
UV (Ultraviolet) Coating is a unique finishing process for printed products. The coating process covers a document in a liquid plastic solution which is then hardened and sealed by exposure to UV light. Here are some of the great benefits of utilizing UV coating:
1. Imparts a luxury look and feel
Glossy UV coating gives a sleek feel and adds extra contrast and shine to darker colors giving images a more vivid appearance. Matte UV coating gives a softer feel and balances out color tones giving the document a very legible and professional look. A glossy coating can make images “pop” but can cause a bit of glare which can decrease text legibility. For documents that mainly contain text, a matte coating may be the best option.
2. Resists scratching and scuffing
UV coating helps to reduce abrasion to the paper during handling and mailing. It also keeps ink from smudging and smearing because it helps seal toner based ink to the substrate.
3. Protects products from the elements
UV coating actually protects your prints from sunlight too. Now your prints will stay vibrant much longer even in direct sunlight. Another helpful feature is the significant improvement to the water-resistance of the coated material.
4. Keeps production time down
Modern UV Coaters allow instant drying which does not add too much extra time for production. This allows for the possibility of quality finishes on fast turn-around orders. (Traditional film lamination can take up to 24 hours to dry)
Consider upgrading your next print order with our UV Coating service. It’s a cost-effective way to ensure the quality and longevity of your prints.
Posters are simple large-format prints that raise awareness of a new event, product, or company. Posters are affordable and effective, especially on a local level. Here are four concepts that will help you get the most out of your poster marketing:
1. Design for style and simplicity
Design in a style that will catch the attention of your target market. Research pop-culture for your particular group and take advantage of some of the fads. Posters are not meant to be long-term forms of advertisements so gimmicky concepts (internet memes for example) can actually work well for this purpose.
Keep the design reasonably simple. People should be able to read the message from a minimum of six feet away. Make sure the design does not detract from the legibility of the text. The artwork should also complement the message and reflect the quality of the event you are advertising.
2. Use color to your advantage
Use colors that your target audience will respond to. (Don’t use pastel colors to advertise a rock concert)
Use colors that will react well with the environment you plan on placing the posters in. For example, a purple poster on a yellow wall creates a pleasant contrast that people can’t help but notice.
Use contrasting colors within the poster as well. The contrast between design and text can dramatically increase legibility.
3. The proper layout gets your information across in the right order
Make the headline obvious. People will be walking or driving by the poster and may only have a few seconds to comprehend the information so don’t make the message difficult to grasp right away.
Don’t make your business name (the signature) the focus of the poster. The event should be able to draw the audience in first before they notice the signature.
Keep the contact details to a minimum. Too much fine print in a poster will quickly be ignored. Just provide the exact information people need to know and nothing more.
4. Distribute posters intelligently
Focus your poster placement in areas where your target audience will frequent.
Try placing three or more of the same poster on one wall. It seems redundant but it will significantly boost the visibility of your message.
Distribute your posters within a few weeks of the event you are advertising for. If a poster is displayed too long before an event, the message can get stale or worse yet, the poster might be covered up by some other advertisement.
Keep these tips in mind during your poster marketing campaign and you’ll be sure to see improved results!
Business cards are a affordable way to market yourself and your business on a personal level. At a business convention, it’s not uncommon to receive more than 25 cards in one day. So how do you make sure your card stays at the top of the pile? Here are five cost-effective improvements you can make to your cards to make sure they grab attention:
1. Break away from the white background.
A vast majority of business cards feature black text on a white background. It’s quick to set up, easy to read, and is appropriate for most businesses. The problem is that this design is so common that it’s easy to ignore. Get noticed by using a colorful background or use a dark background with colorful text.
2. Use both sides of the card.
Most print providers will allow you to print on both sides of a business card for a small price increase. This option is worth the expense because you can let your design breathe. Your information can comfortably fit on one side. Your company image, name, and primary design elements can go on the other side. The result is a professional and uncluttered card.
3. Change the orientation of your card.
The average business card is set up in landscape style. Setting your card up in portrait style is the easiest way to be different without being too edgy. Portrait cards are surprisingly easy to read (perhaps because we are so used to reading portrait style documents) and they can look very elegant.
4. Think outside of the rectangle!
Rectangular business cards have always been the standard because they are the easiest shaped card to cut out. More progressive cards are taking advantage of modern die-cut technology to create interestingly shaped cards. Custom die-cut jobs can be expensive so ask your print provider if they offer any standard-issue dies at a discount. If one of their standard options doesn’t appeal to you, try a more DIY method: Hand cut or punch each card yourself with supplies from craft stores. It may be time-consuming but it will be worth the extra effort if the interesting card shape gets you noticed.
5. Bring your personality to your business card.
The best way to set yourself apart from your competition is to allow your business card to convey your personality. Let your card explain why you are worth remembering. Playing it too safe with business cards can come across as bland. Don’t be afraid to let yourself make a vibrant and lasting impression with an exciting card. Just make sure you don’t cross the line from exciting to awkward/bizarre.