Typography is an incredibly expressive art form. The shape, size, direction, and color of the font can radically alter the meaning of a phrase. These factors can help the visual flow of a design as well as assign a mood to the piece. Here are 10 impressive examples of typography designs:
1. Mr. White’s Fav Type
The blue waves, clean white lines, and hook-like points give this font a very nautical atmosphere. The phrase seems like a playful characterization of the shark (Mr. White – Great White).
2. The slanted and sharp cornered font is bold. The triangle designs and the almost monochrome color scheme in the background adds a heavy atmosphere. The result is a definitive and punchy statement.
3. The elongated lines in the text and the heavy shadows falling in this image give a very ominous feeling. The red adds a sinister vibe to the statement as well.
4. Each letter is represented by a set of repair tools which illustrates the content of the phrase in a fun and playful way.
5. The black-and-white image of the Panda against a black background offers striking contrast. The letters detailed into the fur are clever without being intrusive.
6. Quite the opposite from the last image, the text almost entirely composes the main character in the image. It’s impossible to notice the design without reading the text but the result is cool and calculated.
7. The shaky and huge font provides a humorous form of visual shouting. It’s hard to read this without imagining someone yelling it.
8. The neon theme against a brick wall is definitely a classy look. The soft glow from the lights is very pleasant while the skewed text and playful font style keeps up the energy.
9. The lines, reflections, and perspective make this a very stylish image. The typography is powerful enough to stand on it’s own without other design elements in the background.
10. The clever use of raised lines gives this image an active feeling. The fluid lines between the letters gives a cascading motion to the image as well.